21st Century Vaudeville

21-century-vaudeville-poster

21st Century Vaudeville is a variety night mixing together stand up, musical theatre, magic, improvisation, sketch and character comedy from brilliant up-and-coming performers.

The show is available to hire for pubs, bars and clubs as well as hiring your own show bespoke to your budget for events such as weddings, work dos, anniversaries and birthdays.

Do you run a small business and want something special but affordable for your work do?  Contact us for a selection of hand-picked acts to suit your budget. 

Contact us today or join our mailing list for news of up-coming events.

A night that has bottled the spirit of variety and powered the evening with fun. A really great night out.
— Richard Wright, audience member.

You can find us on Twitter @21stCVaudeville and our Facebook Page is here plus our Facebook group is here

Previous Performances and acts!

  Blending comedy & magic with absolute nonsense, Stu Turner's offbeat act is sometimes silly, sometimes surreal... But always baffling and entertaining!    Stu began his show business career as part of a double act described by the President of the Magic Circle as “The Morecambe and Wise of Magic”, whilst hard to please 'New Faces' critic Nina Myskow called him “Bloody Marvellous”! 

Blending comedy & magic with absolute nonsense, Stu Turner's offbeat act is sometimes silly, sometimes surreal... But always baffling and entertaining!

Stu began his show business career as part of a double act described by the President of the Magic Circle as “The Morecambe and Wise of Magic”, whilst hard to please 'New Faces' critic Nina Myskow called him “Bloody Marvellous”! 

  'Zahra Barri who is Irish/Egyptian: a combination which makes stand-up comedy an almost unavoidable career choice, and had some unexpected Muslim viewpoints on blind dates and bikini waxing, and a terrific gag about the similarity between stand-up comedy and terrorism'Venue Magazine

'Zahra Barri who is Irish/Egyptian: a combination which makes stand-up comedy an almost unavoidable career choice, and had some unexpected Muslim viewpoints on blind dates and bikini waxing, and a terrific gag about the similarity between stand-up comedy and terrorism'Venue Magazine

  Bethany Perry has been involved in a variety of musicals, pantomimes and plays since the age of 12. Her most recent including   Toffee   in the Renegade Youth Theatre’s “Zombie Prom” and   Sandy   in “Grease” at the Wycombe Swan theatre. She is currently studying Musical Theatre in Guildford.

Bethany Perry has been involved in a variety of musicals, pantomimes and plays since the age of 12. Her most recent including Toffee in the Renegade Youth Theatre’s “Zombie Prom” and Sandy in “Grease” at the Wycombe Swan theatre. She is currently studying Musical Theatre in Guildford.

  Claire Deards is 20 and is looking forward to performing on The Duke Street Theatre’s Stage for the second time, after performing in Renegade’s Lucky Stiff. Claire studied Musical Theatre at Amersham College where she won the part of Lilliane La Fleur in their final showcase.  She recently played the part of Jan in   Grease     at the Wycombe Swan, Reverend Moore in Footloose and has also been a part of the Garsington Opera Company’s     Road Rage Opera  , played Grace Farrell in Act Now Entertainment’s production of     Annie     and was a soloist in their Gala Concerts at the Henley Theatre.  

Claire Deards is 20 and is looking forward to performing on The Duke Street Theatre’s Stage for the second time, after performing in Renegade’s Lucky Stiff. Claire studied Musical Theatre at Amersham College where she won the part of Lilliane La Fleur in their final showcase.  She recently played the part of Jan in Grease at the Wycombe Swan, Reverend Moore in Footloose and has also been a part of the Garsington Opera Company’s Road Rage Opera, played Grace Farrell in Act Now Entertainment’s production of Annie and was a soloist in their Gala Concerts at the Henley Theatre.  

 Joz is a comic, actor, writer and fool. His solo shows have received acclaim from critics and audiences alike, with his debut show being named as one of Time Out's Top 10 Free Shows of the Fringe 2013, and he is a member of the Chortle Award-nominated Weirdos Collective. He is an award-nominated comic actor and has appeared in numerous sketches and short comedy films.  "A potentially massive future comedy star." - The Herald  "He is a born entertainer, but also a great comedy writer." - Chortle

Joz is a comic, actor, writer and fool. His solo shows have received acclaim from critics and audiences alike, with his debut show being named as one of Time Out's Top 10 Free Shows of the Fringe 2013, and he is a member of the Chortle Award-nominated Weirdos Collective. He is an award-nominated comic actor and has appeared in numerous sketches and short comedy films.

"A potentially massive future comedy star." - The Herald

"He is a born entertainer, but also a great comedy writer." - Chortle

 Louise Reay's mix of standup and clowning is entirely in Chinese but for an audience that doesn't speak any Chinese at all! Only 7% of communication is verbal, this act is an experiment in the other 93%. You'll understand it, but you won't know why!  www.louisereay.com    @LouiseReayBeam   "Such a natural clown" - Doctor Brown  "A must-see" - The Telegraph  

Louise Reay's mix of standup and clowning is entirely in Chinese but for an audience that doesn't speak any Chinese at all! Only 7% of communication is verbal, this act is an experiment in the other 93%. You'll understand it, but you won't know why! www.louisereay.com  @LouiseReayBeam

"Such a natural clown" - Doctor Brown  "A must-see" - The Telegraph  

  Oliver Meech -   Original Magician   "my jaw hit the floor" BBC         "could rival Derren Brown"  theatre-wales.co.uk                 "hilarious" Broadway Baby  Total Sell Out: Edinburgh Fringe 2013 & 2014  Trailer:  www.bit.ly/omeech

Oliver Meech - Original Magician

"my jaw hit the floor" BBC         "could rival Derren Brown" theatre-wales.co.uk                "hilarious" Broadway Baby

Total Sell Out: Edinburgh Fringe 2013 & 2014  Trailer: www.bit.ly/omeech

  'Stars of BBC Radio 4's Sketchorama and New Act's of the Year Show Finalists 2015, The Jest are a subversive sketch comedy quintet. Expect seemingly innocent observational sketches with dark twists. And Maggie Smith. "Energetic, ridiculously funny sketches delivered at break-neck speed" Everything Theatre.’ 

'Stars of BBC Radio 4's Sketchorama and New Act's of the Year Show Finalists 2015, The Jest are a subversive sketch comedy quintet. Expect seemingly innocent observational sketches with dark twists. And Maggie Smith. "Energetic, ridiculously funny sketches delivered at break-neck speed" Everything Theatre.’ 

@jodykamali ‘Brilliant, original visual comedy’ Harry Hill

  "Dee Riley is a multiaward winning London based stage & close up cabaret magician.   Dee has performed all over the London cabaret circuit & hosts his own stand up comedy & live magic show "Magic & Mirth" in Kings Cross London -   Www.DeeRiley.Co.UK  "

"Dee Riley is a multiaward winning London based stage & close up cabaret magician.
Dee has performed all over the London cabaret circuit & hosts his own stand up comedy & live magic show "Magic & Mirth" in Kings Cross London - Www.DeeRiley.Co.UK"

  Simon Caine:"I got my idea of being an adult from FRIENDS and I spend way too much time living through my phone. As a result I'm just like you: disconnected, distracted and disillusioned. Come laugh at my life."

Simon Caine:"I got my idea of being an adult from FRIENDS and I spend way too much time living through my phone. As a result I'm just like you: disconnected, distracted and disillusioned. Come laugh at my life."

 Miranda Dawe trained at GSA and will be performing Musical Theatre on 19th June and Co-Hosting with Jim Daly on 24th July  - more info at www.MirandaDawe.com @MirandaDawe

Miranda Dawe trained at GSA and will be performing Musical Theatre on 19th June and Co-Hosting with Jim Daly on 24th July  - more info at www.MirandaDawe.com @MirandaDawe

 Jim Daly's YouTube channel has had over a million views and  You can have a peep here .  Tweet him @jimdalycomedy www.jimdalycomedy.com   “Boy, did I laugh” – Holly Walsh.       "Really funny” – Hal Cruttenden    “A man who revels in one-liners and geeky rapping so much that you just can’t help but revel with him” – Bec Hill. 

Jim Daly's YouTube channel has had over a million views and You can have a peep here.

Tweet him @jimdalycomedy www.jimdalycomedy.com

“Boy, did I laugh” – Holly Walsh.       "Really funny” – Hal Cruttenden

“A man who revels in one-liners and geeky rapping so much that you just can’t help but revel with him” – Bec Hill. 

21st Century Vaudeville JokePit